St. Peter’s Prayer Meeting
Our Prayer Meeting for January will take place on Saturday 16th January at 09:00am on Zoom. All are welcome to join.
If you would like to join this meeting, please email Julia Pratt ([email protected]). If you have previously provided your details for the Prayer Meetings, there is no need to provide these again; an invite will be sent to you automatically.
St. Peter’s Prayer Meeting
Our Prayer Meeting for December will take place on Saturday 12th December at 09:00am on Zoom. All are welcome to join.
If you would like to join this meeting, please email Julia Pratt ([email protected]). If you have provided your details for the previous Prayer Meeting, there is no need to provide these again; an invite will be sent to you automatically.
24/7 Prayer – Jesus Light of the World
Join with members of the churches of South Liverpool Deanery as we begin the season of Advent with 7 days of continuous prayer, praying for the light of Christ to transform our world.
We are asking members of our churches to sign up for 30-minute timeslots from 8pm on Sunday 29th November until 8pm on Sunday 6th December and to pray. We can pray as individuals, or join with members of our household or with others on WhatsApp, Zoom etc. Sign up at – https://www.24-7prayer.com/signup/cb46c4
We have a focus for prayer each weekday:
MONDAY – our Country
TUESDAY- our City
WEDNESDAY – our Communities
THURSDAY- our Churches
FRIDAY – for Compassion in mission
More information and resources will be posted on the Deanery Website – https://www.liverpoolsouthdeanery.org.uk/ and on the Deanery Facebook page.
In his letter to the church in Philippi, St. Paul wrote, “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God” (Phil. 4:6).
As Christians, prayer, the opportunity to speak with God, is a gift, which we can all often neglect. To encourage us all in prayer, we are inviting you to join us in the following:
- Read and contribute to a short online publication “Talking with God”, which will be updated twice a month on the church website (further details below). If you have a friend or neighbour whom you know is not online, perhaps you might also want to print off a copy and post it through their letterbox.
- Pray with others – as a family, with your spouse, with a friend, in prayer triplets etc. If you do not live with family or friends, you can still pray with others over the telephone or via Zoom, WhatsApp etc. We encourage you to share resources and your experiences of praying with others in the “Talking with God” publication.
- Join our monthly prayer meeting (on Zoom at the moment). This will take place on the 2nd Saturday of each month, starting at 09:00am. The first one will be on Saturday 14th November. If you wish to join us, please email Julia Pratt ([email protected]).
“Talking with God”
This online publication is in 3 sections: a reflection on prayer; ideas for “doing prayer”; and prayers. We are encouraging members of the church family to contribute to this publication –
- The reflection on prayer is just that – a 400-word reflection on the theme of “prayer”.
- In the ideas for “Doing Prayer”, we are encouraging you to share how you pray: how you pray with your children; maybe new ways of praying that you have recently tried; maybe you can direct us to prayer resources etc.
- In “Sharing Prayer”, we are encouraging you to share an ancient prayer (we have to be mindful of copyright) or a prayer which you have written.
Contributions are welcome from all the church family, and that includes children and young people. All contributions should be emailed to Julia Pratt ([email protected]), with “Talking with God” in the subject line.