‘For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.’ (2 Corinthians 8.9)
Special Appeal for 2020
The work and ministry of St Peter’s Church is funded solely through gifting from the church family. Your financial support is vital for fund all our work whether its running children’s groups, running the Hub or the upkeep of the buildings.
The traditional opportunities to help support the work and ministry of St Peter’s are still available, as well as our new on-line arrangements:
We have adopted the Church of England’s Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) and encourage all our church members to give regularly by joining the Scheme. To join the Scheme you will need to complete and return a Gift Form to PGS.
You can get a Gift Form (which includes a Gift Aid Declaration) by either:
2. Contacting Tim Warn (our PGS Co-ordinator) on 0151 291 6432 or 07949 157038 and he will send you a Gift Form and the Notes, or
3. Better still, set up your Direct Debit by using the PGS’s new telephone service. Phone them on the dedicated number – 0333 002 1271. One of their administrators will take you through the sign up process – this normally takes around 15 minutes.
You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Personal bank account details
- The name of the parish you wish to donate to
- You will need to confirm if you want to increase your gift in line with inflation each year
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
They will need the PGS code for St Peter’s which is 220622033
PGS are developing an on-line facility for setting up Direct Debits on their website. As soon as this is available details will appear on this page.
If you are a UK tax payer, you can increase the amount of your gift by completing a Charity Gift Aid Declaration. This will allow us to claim an additional 25p for every £1 you give.
During the Covid-19 pandemic while the church is closed, you can put donations of cash or cheques (made payable to St Peter’s PCC) in an envelope and post (by hand or Royal Mail) to the Rectory, 67 Church Road, Woolton L25 6DA.
You may wish to consider leaving a legacy to St Peter’s in you will. Please speak to your solicitor when making or changing your will.
Our online shop
Our ONLINE SHOP has a growing number of unique gifts for you to buy that celebrate St Peter’s church, our work and our community … and, of course, our connection to The Beatles!
To make further enquiries about giving to St Peter’s please contact our Treasurer Helen Winsland.