‘For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.’
(2 Corinthians 8.9)
Giving in 2023:
The work and ministry of St Peter’s Church is funded solely through gifting from the church family. Your financial support is vital for funding all our work whether its running children’s groups, running the Hub or the upkeep of the buildings.
We have the following opportunities to help support the work and ministry of St Peter’s:
We have adopted the Church of England’s Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) and encourage all our church members to give regularly by joining the Scheme.
Three ways to join PGS:
Either by clicking on the link HERE or use this QR Code
Contact PGS on the dedicated number – 0333 002 1271. One of their administrators will take you through the sign up process – this normally takes around 15 minutes. You will need to have the following information to hand:
- Personal bank account details
- The name of the parish you wish to donate to (St Peter’s Much Woolton)
- You will need to confirm if you want to increase your gift in line with inflation each year
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
- The PGS code for St Peter’s which is 220622033
To join the Scheme you will need to complete and return a Gift Form to PGS. You can get a Gift Form (which includes a Gift Aid Declaration) by downloading the form HERE and printing it off. The notes HERE will help you complete the form. Then post the form to PGS.
Three ways for existing PGS members to manage their account, including amending the amount of their donation:
- Online (need to register account on PGS website HERE if not already done)
- By email – [email protected]
- By phone – 0333 002 1260
Three ways to make a one-off donation:
- Either by clicking on the link HERE or use this QR
- Cash or cheques (made payable to St Peter’s PCC) can be put in an envelope and posted by hand or Royal Mail to The Simon Peter Centre, Church Road, L25 5JF
- Cash or card donations can also be made in church using our new donations box and card reader
If you are a UK tax payer, you can increase the amount of your gift by completing a Charity Gift Aid Declaration. This will allow us to claim an additional 25p for every £1 you give.
You may wish to consider leaving a legacy to St Peter’s in you will. Please speak to your solicitor when making or changing your will.
Our Online Shop:
Our ONLINE SHOP has a growing number of unique gifts for you to buy that celebrate St Peter’s church, our work and our community … and, of course, our connection to The Beatles!
To make further enquiries about giving to St Peter’s please contact Nick Hazeldine (our PGS Co-ordinator) through our Office number 0151 428 6810